mardi 30 octobre 2012

Strasbourg

Hello everyone.  It has been a very long time since I updated my blog.  Almost a year!!! I am terribly sorry, I get distracted you know...  I'll try to do better. 

I am now living in Strasbourg, France doing my Masters degree in International Relations.  I love this city and I am really happy to be getting a degree in French and taking classes in French again. :-)

 One of the churches in Strasbourg and the river that surrounds the center of the city

 The view from my apartment

 My apartment for the moment

 A view from the river on a boat at night :-)

Strasbourg is a very international city with a lot of important monuments and administrative building.  The European Parliament and the Council of Europe are here which is really cool.  Last week I went to a debate at the Parliament with some people from my classes.  We saw a debate on 'Parliamentary Responsibility'  Fun stuff. 


Last weekend we got the first snow of the year (and its October!!!! So early and so cold!!!)  So a few of us decided to go on a hike.  After almost missing our train (and by almost I mean we were running and jumping in the moving trains doors...), changing trains, and waiting for a bus that never came, we ended up doing a hike around the city of Munster.  The city was cute but the hiking was better.  It was so beautiful with all the snow and all the walking made it less cold. 
 The group in the train station before the hike

 On the trail

 One of the views from the top

We found a really cool restaurant at the top of our hike.  We had a many course meal including soup, salad, blood sausage, ice cream topped with schnapps, sauerkraut with meat, cheese, and finally dessert.  We split meals and we were still full at the end.  A great meal to give us energy for the hike down :-)

Now I am on vacation, going to be studying a lot and probably visiting some friends from last year. :-) They set up the big Christmas tree in the main plaza right next to my house so the Christmas markets and all the holiday stuff will begin soon!  Anyone that wants to come visit is welcome :-)


Aucun commentaire: